Story posted: 24/01/2019
New housing for health workers, teachers and other public servants is among the priorities for Sempra Homes. As part of the delivery programme Sempra Homes will give priority to Key Workers within the Basildon Borough that wish to purchase one of Sempra’s new shared ownership homes. Key Workers are those who work within Basildon's hospital, fire services, ambulance services, police, college and any of the schools within the Borough.
Sempra Homes will be delivering a number of different shared ownership schemes with two developments due to be available in 2019, these are:
- Maplewood Court, Basildon: Twenty, two-bedroom apartments which are due to be completed in June. This development is in a perfect location situated on the Roundacre roundabout which is in close proximity of Basildon Town Centre and Basildon Hospital.
- Roman Way, Billericay: This development will provide fifteen new homes, six of which will be two-bedroom houses available for shared ownership and are due for handover in October. The homes are located outside The Billericay School and are only 10 minute walk from Billericay Town Centre.
The other Sempra Homes shared ownership developments that have received planning permission will be at:
- Pound Lane Central, Laindon: This development, which will provide a total of nine new homes, will consist of two, two-bedroom houses, five, two-bedroom apartments and two, one-bedroom apartments.
- Rayside, Basildon: Will consist of 3 two-bedroom houses.
- Glenmere, Vange: Four, two-bedroom houses and one, three-bedroom house will be provided.
Melanie Keys, manager of Sempra Homes: said: “Shared ownership provides an opportunity for someone to purchase a share in a home where outright purchase is not affordable and pay rent on the unpurchased share, with an option to buy further shares in the future. Through our shared ownership programme we are working alongside the Government’s Help to Buy scheme, enabling residents to purchase an initial 25% share of their home.”
Applicants will need to satisfy the Government’s Help to Buy criteria for shared ownership. To identify that you meet the eligibility criteria and to register with the Help to Buy visit: https://www.helptobuyese.org.uk/help-to-buy/shared-ownership.